Bring a folding chair and join us under the trees outside the Great Circle. We’ll talk about these fascinating topics and then enter the Great Circle to gather on Eagle Mound and experience this important ceremonial site. You’ll have a chance to hold Hopewell-era stone tools, flint points, and pottery shards, along with reproductions of effigy pipes and copper artifacts.
- Who built Newark Earthworks?
- What do we know about the Hopewell-era culture?
- What are some examples of the sophisticated geometry of the Great Circle and the Octagon?
- How is the Newark Earthworks complex related to the moon and stars?
- Why do these deserve to be UNESCO World Heritage sites?